Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Family Fast.

We would like to invite all of you to join with us in a family fast tomorrow (Thursday) for Amber. We believe that fasting combined with sincere prayer can strengthen us spiritually, bring us closer to God, and help us prepare ourselves and others to receive His blessings. Amber needs His blessings.

The most recent procedures they have been doing have not had the positive outcome we had hoped for. Amber began having seizures again this morning when they tried to wake her up. The doctors are trying a new procedure today where they put her body into a state of hypothermia for 24 hours. They are hoping that this will reset her brain and that the seizures will not return when they bring her temperature back up.

Thank you for your many prayers. Please continue to pray for her and join in our fast. We need a miracle. As Amber would say, "We just need to have faith."

21 comments:

  1. Amber, not a day has gone by that you havent been on my mind....This feels like a dream to us all....My heart is so full of love and hope for your healthy recovery. We have all missed you so very much these last 2.5 weeks...I hope that you are dreaming big in your sleep, and will soon awake from your long nap and be able to share with us all where you have been visiting. JP loves you so much,Amber, and has been more distraught than you could ever imagine...His love for you is like none I have ever seen...He has been by your side everyday,loving,caring, and believing in your recovery...hurry home Amber. We need you back...love you so much .xoxo, Tawney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much for the update. This is so disheartening hearing about this. So I was just thinking, I'm sure they have but, have the doctor's ruled out toxic shock syndrome??? I googled a bunch of stuff and there was this article I found and it sounded just like amber's symptoms... take a look.

    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/405840_4

    I hope they find out the cause and can bring her back.

    Kristen Rockwood

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will continue to pray for your family. Please let us know if there is anything we can do- we are right down the road from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally fasting tomorrow for sure. I will be sending love and hope you're way the whole time. I will have faith for her and her family. Keep fighting Amber. When you wake up you'll see how much everyone loves you, and how important you are in the lives of those around you. I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow. xoxo. Amanda Cheek

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're with you each step of the way, and will gladly join the fast tomorrow. Our thoughts and prayers are with you everyday. I know without a doubt that God hears and answers prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber Giles, a woman of unquestionable faith and profound love, ever so helplessly lingers between life and death. My wife's sweet sister, whose charity has no bounds, lies in a balance that only God can decide. Today I will show my faith through prayer and fasting that I still believe in miracles, for only a miracle can save her life. If it is God's will, let my faith be added to those who are hoping, fasting, and praying for Amber's return to us...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amber, I love you. Me and all my family are fasting for you today. We also fasted for you Sunday so lets hope that our prayers get answered. I'm trying to stay positive and know that you are a fighter! You will pull through this.
    My love to JP and All the Helm family.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. J.P.-I don't know quite what to say about all this. I'm sure that are feeling overwhelmed right now. I can only hope and pray that things work out. You are a wonderful person with a beautiful family and I will continue to keep you and Amber and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Love-Lisa (Briggs) Esplin & Family

    ReplyDelete
  9. An ancient spirit. Amber's example of endless kindness and faith will burn eternally with in the hearts that know this amazing woman. She is the strongest of us all and there is still so much too do. I love you so much sister. Too hell and back. Your little brother. -Jared

    ReplyDelete
  10. JP, I really wish I had more to say to you that would comfort you, but please know I have been thinking about you and Amber constantly the last few weeks, and you have all my love and support.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sweet Ambee. You, JP and those sweet babies are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. I remember teaching my primary kids about love and compassion by using the stories you sent home from your mission.....giving your swedish fish to the homeless man and watching his face light up..... Always having an apple with you to give it to someone who was hungry....and even now you continue to teach us. Get well soon pumpkin!
    Love you-Auntie Nima

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do not know Amber, personally, but I do know JP and his amazing family. Since hearing the news a week or so ago, we have all been praying for Amber, JP and their adorable kids, every night, and will continue to pray until this is over. I cannot even imagine what all of you are feeling and I cannot even find the right words to say. What I do know is that miracles happen. I strongly believe in the power of prayer, faith and fasting. With those three things combined, wonderful things can happen. Thank you for the updates. We are praying for a miracle!
    Love,
    Jamie (Sutherland) Williams & Family

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amber I just want to call and talk to you. My heart is aching for you and your family. You are in our thoughts and prayers continuously. You are such and an amazing friend and spiritual strength. You are the one I look to for times like these. You will get through this and be an even bigger strength to us all, a force to be reckoned with. I love you and will continue to pray for you and your family.
    Love
    Tara Binch & Family

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are still praying, Xan! Please hug your brother for me. Your entire family is in my heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. JP, I pray that you'll have the strength to get through this. When I find that I lack the faith I just think, what would Amber say? And I know she'd tell us that she believes in miracles and to not lose our faith. Amber, get better soon cause I miss you and so does everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Amber and she is in my prayers and on my mind constantly. Its neat one person can affect so many people in such a positive way as amber does... To the family of amber I am here to help if you need anything. Amber did my hair till she moved and I miss her fun input on what style would look good on me since she moved.
    with my love, natalie russell

    ReplyDelete
  17. Today was an extremely hard day for me and I got down on my knees to pray for guidance and understanding when I stood up I came to my computer and saw this random post from an old neighbor of mine and felt impressed to click on the blog and read about the amazing struggle of this dear sweet Amber whom I have never met, but whose spirit has brought me to tears of gratitude. I know that my heavenly father hears each and every prayer and will give peace and guidance to JP and the kids with whatever outcome occurs. I feel the love and strength of family and the overwhelming hope and joy that thru this tragedy still lingers. Know that my prayers are with Amber and her family. She sounds like a fighter and I will keep them all in my thoughts. God Bless and may all feel our savior's love for us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jill McGrath GillilanAugust 27, 2010 at 7:45 AM

    JP i'm so sorry you guys are going through this, your family was always my family growing up and we are here if you need anything. We are praying that Amber wakes up soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amber & JP, We're thinking about you and praying for you. It was my honor to serve with both of you in Lithuania and see your faith and kindness in action. You both are such amazing people and I know that our Father in Heaven hears the thousands of prayers for your family. I pray that this procedure will bring about the positive results that you are looking for. Lot of love!
    Marian (Ostler) Kofford

    ReplyDelete
  20. JP, We have a prayer in our hearts continually for your family. - Keith & Tricia Crandall.

    ReplyDelete