Sunday, October 3, 2010

Thank you from Amber

Where to begin? Thank you seems to be the most appropriate of words to share with all who have been on this journey with me.  Since I have woken from my coma my mind has not stopped.   Life is nothing but a journey that we learn and become closer to our Father in Heaven.   If I were to say that every waking moment has been easy it would be a lie. I have had to reach for strength beyond my own to continue forward and to find the strength within.   But it has been a miracle nonetheless.  Some of the greatest doctors in Utah confess that they did all they could to get my body to wake.  I believe with many others that God’s hand took part in my awakening due to the prayers, blessings and fasting that took place in my behalf.   I thank those that took time out of there daily lives to offer those prayers to heaven.   I remember nothing while I was on life support and while people were fighting for my life because I was having very special experiences on the other side.   I had the choice to come back and am so grateful that I chose to be a mama and come back to my husband, family members, and friends.  I feel that I still have so much more to give.  The road has not and will not be easy, but I am grateful for the chance to be here and give it my all.   Having lost someone so close to me, and being on the brink of death myself I feel  that I have been brought closer to our Father in Heaven and Savior, Jesus Christ.   Our faith combined with the power of prayer is a power we can all use to strengthen ourselves throughout this journey.   The modern miracles of medicine, divine intervention, and a loving and kind Heavenly Father saw it fit to allow me more time on this earth.  For this I am beyond grateful and will do all that he asks of me.  Thank you again to all my family and friends that fought so desperately for my life, knowing that miracles have not seized in our time.  

32 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are still here with us Amber. I was praying that you would be able to raise your children and bless their lives by doing so. Know that I love you and am thankful to have you as an example of strength and courage in my life. I hope and pray you are doing well, and loving all of the precious moments you get to still experience here on earth. xoxo, Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber--We are so happy that you are doing so well. I'm sure there's still a lot of work ahead, but such a blessing that you will be with your sweet family. We're so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father. You are still in our prayers. Know we love you and your family--Aunt Kathy and Uncle Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my sweet Amber! I have been reading every post and been so consumed by this since the beginning. How it brought me to tears to see the pictures of you with your beautiful family. What a miracle this has been. How I have prayed for you, worried for you, and ached for your family, as so many have. You are truly an amazing gal. You have always been a strength to me with your undying faith, ability to love, and pure heart and beauty. How I miss you. I think about you all the time. You are so strong, Amber. You have strength that is breathtaking. You will get through this and make a full recovery. How delighted I am to see you with your sweet children and loving husband. You inspire me, you always have. I hope to see you one day soon, when things slow down a bit and all those loved ones who have been needing you, waiting for you, and aching for your bright spirit have their much needed time, I will contact you. How blessed we are to have this gospel. How blessed we are to have a Father in Heaven who loves us, is aware of us, and will continue to be there for us. I am grateful for His son, our Savior and Redeemer, for his sacrifice on our behalf, that we as imperfect beings can strive to become more like Him and learn from His perfect example. How you and this experience has strengthened me. I love you very much and continue to pray for you and your family.

    All my love,
    C
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber, as blessed as you feel to be here, I feel just as blessed to have been a small part of this journey with you. I have been brought closer to our Father in Heaven and Savior because of my interactions with you before, during and after your coma. I've heard it said that strength isn't something you have, it is something you find. I believe it is something we find in our faith in our Father and His son. It is something they give us. Just know that I still pray for you daily to be able to continue to find the strength that you need at this time. I LOVE YOU! I tell my family that all the time but it's not something I often say to my friends (though I do try to do that more often now). You are one incredible woman and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father brought you into my life and that he saw fit to allow you more time here. Again, I love you!

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy You are back with us. Wish You a lot of strength! Love You.
    Inga Banelyte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber, Thank you very much for your testimony.I love you.Rita Halilu

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so good to hear from you Amber.
    Our prayers will continue in your behalf. I know that you have family and friends who are willing to help at any time so please don't hesitate to call, even if it's just to talk awhile.
    I know what you mean about being closer to our Father in Heaven and Savior...I've felt that same closeness after my experience...and it is such a special feeling. Be sure to write these thoughts and feelings down so that you can refer to them often. They will be a strength and comfort to you as you face other trials in your life.
    Continue to stay strong and know that you're in my thoughts every day.

    Love,
    Susan Gunnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. I`m so happy for you sweetie!
    you deserve everything in the world
    linkeijimai tavo visai seimai!!!
    Ausra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amber,

    Thank you for your beautiful testimony. You are a strong and amazing woman. I know the Lord has great things in store for you and your family. We continue to pray for you as you put your life back together.

    Love,
    Marilee Blonquist

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are amazing and I am so grateful for your testimony. I will read this blog everyday to help me build my faith.

    Christiane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amber,

    Elizabeth and I both had the same feeling that while you were "asleep," that you were actually having a wonderful experience in the Spirit World.

    We have to admit that we did wonder if you would want to come back as we have read accounts of people being there and not wanting to leave.

    We can only imagine that it is a place beyond the imagination of our finite minds.

    However, as a faithful Mother in Zion, we knew that if given the choice, you would want to raise your children.

    Hopefully we can see you, J.P., and the kids sometime after New Year's or in the spring. We want to give you plenty of time to get "back into the swing of things."

    All our love to you and your darling family,

    Mathew, Elizabeth, and Evalina Bass

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amber,
    Its wonderful to hear from you. You are such an inspiration to me and to many others. Your strength is amazing. I would love to come and visit with you when your strength permits. I love ya and pray for ya daily.
    Hillary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amber My testimony has been strengthened and I have a stronger faith in miracles for you are truly a miracle. I looked anxiously each day to read your blog. I will continue to check in and have my testimony again renewed by you and your testimony that you share with your family and other. I do not know you but I can say that, I love you. May Heavenly Fathers blessing continue to pour upon you and your family. Sincerely, Friend

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a very touching letter. I'm glad that you are back with your sweet family. I still continue to pray for you each day.

    Julie & Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amber, I'm so glad to see you doing so much better. You've been through so much in your life already, and you just keep getting stronger. You're a great example to us and your kids. You're so blessed to have so many people in your life who love you so much, and I'm glad to count myself as part of them, even if it's just through a few words on a blog. Stay strong, girl! You are an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amber we're so glad you're back. We were so worried about you! Hope the recovery is going well. Im syre your kids are so happy to have their beautiful mama back. We love y'all and will keep you in our prayers. (oh and if you feel that recovery would be easier in Hawaii, we've got a place for ya!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so sweet and amazing Amber!! So happy for you and your family. I'm so grateful for our modern day miracles from our Heavenly Father - can't wait to hear more from you and praying for a swift recovery as you return home!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Amber I'm so glad you are doing better! You have been in my thoughts and prayers and I hope things continue to improve for you. I'm sure your husband and children are so grateful to have you back! You are a miracle and such a great example of strength to all of us! Hang in there! Lots of love,
    Beckee Olsen Becker

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amber,
    What an incredible letter of expression from you. You are a very special woman who touches so many peoples lives all around you. I am soooo grateful that Heavenly Father has answered our prayers in your behalf. You have consumed my thoughts and prayer for weeks. I love you and thank you for your strength and courage. This will be another faith promoting experience to build your testimony on. I hope to be able to visit you soon! You are so beautiful inside and out. Love Paula Swenson

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amber, You were already a miracle in our lives! I can't wait to see you. You have been on my mind, and in my thoughts and prayers daily. Thank you for your wonderful example. We love you!!
    -Tammy Smith and family

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amber, although I never had the chance to get to know you while you were briefly a part of our CPR ward, I've learned of your trials and strengths through your parents, who I know you know love you so much. You have been in our prayers, and I'm so grateful for you and ALL your loved ones that not only are you on your way to being fully recovered, but also that you have again witnessed the sacred, divine, and even healing power of our Heavenly Father. Thank you for sharing your testimony, and God bless you and your family.

    JR

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amber! Its good to hear from you personally... I think you've taught me a lot through this. I hope you continue to improve and I would love to keep in touch but I'm not sure if I can through this blog anymore since I'm leaving to the mtc next Wednesday. But I wanted to know how happy I am your back! love your sweet spirit.
    love, Natalie Russell

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amber,
    Miracles never end on the earth and you are the witness of it. You are back with us. Love you so much!!! Kisses and huges to you and your family!!!

    Vilma :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amber,
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. We love you and look forward hearing about you continued improvement. You are an inspiration and a blessing to all who have the oppurtunity to know you. Love, Amie Aldrich

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a blessing it was for me to read that beautifully written post.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Welcome home! We'll keep praying for you and your family. What a miracle we have witnessed!
    Emily Caplin

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amber, what an amazing story. I am glad you are doing so well. A friend just informed me and I am so grateful the lord has blessed you. Continue to heal.
    -Jeremy Reitz

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amber, I just wanted to let you know that you have really inspired me. I know I don't know you well, but you have helped strengthen my faith and I am so glad you are home with your family. I spoke with Michelle Giles and I have written a song for you that I was hoping we could do a fund raiser for you, if you think that would be ok. I just wanted to do something for you, I should have the song ready in the next couple weeks, it is taking a little time to get it recorded. But I would love to play it for you soon. I spent a lot of time reading the blog and following your progress and it was so neat to read all the posts of all those who love you. I know you are a choice daughter of God and you have been through so much and are still so positive. Thanks for all of your strength. Hang in there and our prayers will continue for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amber, words cannot express how greatful I am to see you home with your children, and your family. Truly, you are inspiring and an example to all.
    I am glad to call you friend.
    Your family is blessed to have you. I know you are a special woman, with a great testimony of having Faith in Heavenly Father. Can't wait to get you out shopping again.
    Thank You for your love and kindness.We all love you! Nita

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amber,
    It is so good to hear from you! We continue to pray for you and your family. You are such an amazing example and such a powerful witness that God hears and answers our prayers. Thank you so much for your example!! We love you!
    Missy (Evanson) Layton

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amber~
    So glad to hear that you are well:) I really appreciated the updates that Emery would send out on how you were doing and progressing. I hope that you are feeling well and continually doing better.
    Much love to you, JP and family,
    Heather Potter

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Amber it is so good to read a post from you! You are such an inspiration to me and to many others who read this blog and who have been there with you through this journey of yours. I know that my faith in our Father in Heaven has been strengthened. You are truley a walking miracle and its just like you said on Sunday in fast and testimony meeting... if anyone is lacking faith in our Father to just look at you. I remember in school one of my professors asked me if there was something in this life that I wanted to witness what it would be and I responded with a miracle. Now that has definitely been fullfilled {more than once in my life}. Amber I do love you. I continue to pray for you that you will be strengthened everyday, that you will continue to make progress. I hope I get to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete