What an amazing week this has been! Amber continues to improve with remarkable speed. She walked 500 feet on Friday, with a walker. She just gets stronger every day. Simply, amazing! She is breathing mostly on her own except for at night, so the doctors are hoping to be able to take the trach out fairly soon. They continue to have her use the speaking valve (the greenish blue valve on her trach), allowing her to talk and exercise her voice.
The kids have been able to come and see her several times. They've played and watched movies together. Having family time has been really wonderful for all of them.
![]() |
| JP, Amber, and kids on Sunday afternoon |
Amber would like everyone to know how grateful she is to you all. She is grateful to be alive and told her mom today that she believes she is alive today because of all of you, all those who prayed for her, and she knows there were many. She is alive because her Father in Heaven heard and answered our prayers. Amber has such amazing faith, but has relied on your faith and prayers and she is so grateful. We are too. Thank you!

I have been reading your blog for a little while now. You have been in our thoughts and prayers. I am so happy to see that things are going so great. I will continue to pray for a speedy recovery. Corbin is in my preschool class. He is such a joy to have in our class. He is a happy boy that makes friends so easily!! Keep up the good work and thanks you so much for being such an example of strength.
ReplyDeleteAmber...you look great! Either they have started making hospital gowns a lot more fashion friendly, or you are able to wear some of your own clothes which is another sign of how well you are doing. Keep up the great work! You rock!
ReplyDeleteApril Gallier
Dear Amber,
ReplyDeleteThis entry made me cry tears of JOY!!!! I LOVE you guys and I am sooo proud of you! Keep on going, as I know the Lord has heard every ONE of your and our prayers. He is so kind to allow us to have you in our lives. I am a blessed woman to call you my friend.
Love,
Alicia
How great to see you - thanks for the picture!! You look amazing after all you've been through - I'm so excited to hear of the progress - it seems like you're just getting closer and closer to coming home. We look forward to it! Hang in there and keep working hard! Your friends, the Merrells
ReplyDeleteAmber,
ReplyDeleteI'm thrilled to read of your remarkable progress. We just got back into town. I can hardly wait to come visit. I've missed you. Keep up the good work!
Love,
Heidi
Amber, I'm so happy you let us see a picture of you. And I love how you're wearing a super cute shirt :) Corbin looks so relaxed in his mommy's arms. And JP, it cracks me up that you clearly haven't let anyone else cut your hair. Of course I haven't been able to bring myself to let anyone else cut my hair either.
ReplyDeleteAmber, I love you and I'm so proud of you for being so strong. You have always been such a great example to me, and you continue to be the greatest example everyday.
Amber we are so excited to see you in October! Can't wait to see you and the family :0) We love you!
ReplyDeleteAmber you look amazing! Everytime I read this blog I have tears of joy. The progress you are making is wonderful... I can't believe you walked that far. You are such a strong woman! Heavenly Father continues to bless you and all of us together. It truly is amazing the love that He has for His children. I love that you have relied so much on Him thru this trial... You have never turned your back on Him and He continues to bless you as He sees fit! I can't wait for you to come home and to be able to talk to you! Lately you are always in my dreams... either running with me or playing with the kids... I can't wait to have those moments again! Everyone loves you so much Amber... I had several of the mothers of the young women in our ward asking about you yesterday and they are all soo very excited for you to come home and they are eager to serve you in any way! SO many of the sisters feel so close to you and you have inspired them in so many ways!! We love you and can't wait for you to come home!
ReplyDeleteAmber -- I only know of you through Emery, but I've been praying and fasting for you and am SO HAPPY to know that you are doing so well and that you get to enjoy the presence of your sweet children and your husband once again. You need them and they need you. I am just thrilled to know that you are on the road to recovery and that you will soon be back in your home as the mommy and beloved wife. Love, Renee
ReplyDeleteOh Amber! It brought me such JOY to see this picture. My heart is so full of gratitude for this miracle.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to come up and visit with you. Hillary and I were hoping to come sometime this week...so hopefully, we'll see you soon.
Can't wait to give you a big HUG :)
Love you,
Susan Gunnell
This post has made my day :)! I am so thankful to our Heavenly Father for hearing our prayers. I am so happy you are making such a speedy recovery! I miss you and I hope to come visit you this week!
ReplyDeleteLove, Hillary
Oh AMMA-LYN-JO-LOUISE!!! I'm so happy for you, so proud of you, and so grateful for you! I hope I can come back and visit again real soon. I LOVED this picture of you and your family, life is such a blessing. I love you honey, keep up the good work, you'll be running, singing, and dancing in no time!
ReplyDeleteJP and Amber,
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, I have apparently been hiding under a rock; today is the first time I heard about these events. In reading the posts, I went from a deep sense of worry and concern to--thankfully--an even greater sense of relief.
I am so happy that things are improving for you, Amber. From now on, you will most certainly be in our prayers. I wish I was closer to you so I could support you in a more direct and tangible fashion.
Our Heavenly Father is certainly mindful of your situation and is on your side, cheering you along.
Best wishes and much love to you both,
Lincoln and Mallory Fielding
Amber,
ReplyDeleteI know I haven't kept in touch with you like I would have liked and I feel a little out of place writing to you like this. But I just came across this blog by accident and couldn't believe what I have read. I just read the whole thing and cried my eyes out. What faith you and your family have. I would like to express to you and to your family my love and prayers. You are and always have been an inspiration to me and many others. I hope you continue to recover and I hope you don't mind me reading about your recovery. It gives me a sense of faith and hope. Love Your drama friend, Trisha Braunberger Bowen
You look great in the picture and your kids look darling! That is awesome that you walked 500 feet with a walker. Looks like you will be home soon to your beautiful family. We are still keeping you in our prayers each day.
ReplyDeleteLove, Julie and Savannah
Amber,
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing testament of faith you are:) I hope, as does the rest if the fam, that Heavenly Father continues to use you as such a beacon as he has since we first met you. It's so good to see your whole wonderful family again, smiling and gathered together. The kids are getting so big! But they're just as cute as ever.
We love you!
Kaitlin
http://kaitandkaboodle.blogspot.com
Many best wishes for your continued recovery. I'm very glad for you and your family. Sister Chavez
ReplyDeleteAmber! You are amazing! I think I've said that every time i wright something, but it's so true. You look so good. I am so grateful you are able to see and hold your kids and husband again, what a tremendous blessing that is! You are still in my thoughts and prayers. And I hope to be visiting you soon. Love ya, Jocelyn
ReplyDeleteYou are just amazing! I am so happy that you are doing all you can to get better. I can't wait until I can see you, it is tricky having time with a baby- but eventually I will be able to see you! Maybe I will call Danielle and see if we can go together to see you. Take care Amber!
ReplyDeleteMelanie
I know it won't be long until you're up and running after your beautiful children again :) Keep up the great work, Amber! Let's run a 5K together next spring!! xoxox
ReplyDeleteOh my holly goodness!! I cant wait to see you for real serious!!! I wish you would get better soon!! You're the coolest youg women leader, sh dont tell the others.. haha jk but we all really miss you and hope and pray for you to return. We think about you always and cant wait for you to be back!!
ReplyDeleteLove you bunches!!
Allie Baguley
Amber, your story has drawn me in since I first found out about it. Now it is even more powerful and personal for me. My sister had triplets 2 weeks ago. This past Saturday she was taken to the hospital because of a terrible headache. She had bleeding on the brain -- a ruptured vessel. Right now her situation is very touch and go. The doctors say they have to find just the right balance and it is very difficult. Everytime they think they have it the brain begins to swell again and they have to try something else. He said it will be a huge roller-coster ride for the next 30 days (if she lives that long). They are keeping her in a coma until they can get her stabalized. Then they say she will stay in the hospital for a long time and need lots of therapy. Seeing your progress gives me so much hope. You are obviously a walking miracle -- something I pray will be the case with my sister. Thanks for allowing your story to be shared. It is a blessing and strength to me. Love, Marilee Blonquist
ReplyDeleteAmber, you are a true inspiration to us all... you teach us what strength and true faith really is! This picture is so precious and I just want you to know that I admire you! Keep up the great work! We love you and pray for you!
ReplyDeleteLove Josh and Michele Mitchell
Amber, I am so happy for you and your family - you are such an amazing woman, and I am glad I have known you.
ReplyDeleteYou're a great example to me. Thank your for your perseverance and love for everyone.
Love,
Becca Rowley
Amber, you are beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!!!
Jen
Amber Dear
ReplyDeleteYou look fabulous in this picture..I am so completely grateful to our Father in Heaven for His tender mercies on your whole situation. We truly have much to be thankful for. You look so content with your darling family. And boy do they look content too. JP you are such a trooper, Wow the load you have been baring is to be commended too. I love you both so much. And then there is Corbs... well you know how I feel about him, he pulls at my heartstrings sooooo much. I could just steal him sometimes... just for a minute or too ... hee hee nice try huh....
And what a dolly girl Kayla is!!!. gosh children sure are the spice of life. They truly make life all worth it.
I love you Amber... now....as Dora would say..."JUST KEEP SWIMMING.....JUST KEEP SWIMMING...JUST KEEP SWIMMING".......!!!!
And you are doing it as we speak my girl and with much determination for sure. You are so amazing. Love, Huggs, and Kisses.... LUVS..Auntie Dana xoxoxo HAVE A HAPPY DAY!!!!xoxo
So great to see your beautiful family JP & Amber!! You look fabulous!! You are all such inspiration of faith and strength!! Hang in there and keep on goin', Amber!! You're amazing and doing such a great job! You are literally a modern day miracle!! We love you! Marty & Tiffany:)
ReplyDeleteAmber that is totally AMAZING!!!! I can't imagine how hard it must be, but keep up the incredible work! We are continuing to pray for you and know that we are so willing to help out with ANYTHING when you get home!
ReplyDeleteLove Amy Hooge
What a great picture. I love that the kids are just doing their own thing:)...I bet you missed them so much! I am sooo happy that you are doing well Amber! Keep up the good, hard work! love, Lexee
ReplyDeleteDear Amber,
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel a lot more better in a couple weeks. We have been praying for you for the past weeks.
Justis Moon age 9
How amazing you are, such strength of mind, heart and spirit. You are truly an inspiration to me. I have no doubt that our Father in Heaven has blessed you and your family at this time. When I opened up the blog and saw you sitting their with your family all I could see was the smile on your face. You radiate such joy and thankfulness. And to see JP sitting next to you. I can't help but cry tears of joy and gratitude that the Lord decided to let us have you in our lives longer. Please keep smiling and know that we continue to pray for your healing to continue as it has. I know it will be wonderful when you are able to come home and sleep in your own bed beside your sweetheart. We love you Amber!
ReplyDeleteThe King's
Being able to be around those beautiful children will help speed your recovery. They are such wonderful spirits. Lots of love.
ReplyDeleteChristiane
Congrats on your progess, you're amazing! I'm so happy to see that you got to spend some time with your kids. Can't wait to see and serve you when you get home. With love, Amy
ReplyDeleteAmber,
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen you in years, but just wanted to know that I hope you continue to make a remarkable recovery. Your progress is amazing and an inspiration to everyone!
Ashley Canick Aoki
Amber!! we are so happy to see that you are recovering so well and that you are getting to enjoy time with your cute family. We love ya and cant wait to see you!
ReplyDeleteWe sent you a huge hug,
The Wightmans and Padilla Family