"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
~Unknown
but by the moments that take our breath away."
~Unknown
The feeding tube is gone!
The trach is gone!
Just a small bandage in its place.
Her voice is back and sounding great.
Oh, and she made cookies today!
Yes, cookies in the hospital.
The physical therapist asked her what she wanted to work on today.
This girl, as thoughtful as ever, said she wanted to try her hand at a batch of chocolate chip cookies... so she would have treats to offer her visitors!
Seriously, that woman... my goodness.
Well, my friends, Amber's back in business!
... and her cookies were delicious!
You are amazing like always!!!
ReplyDeleteAmber I wanted to share these words with you. It's something you told me when you were on a mission in Klaipeda.
"God gives us eternal experiences in answer to our earthly questions."
I just found it in my old book and remembered all the nice moments we shared.
I love you and hope to hear more good news from you. Good wishes to all your family.
Vilma Cuba Beinartaite
Amber you are amazing!!!! Good Job:) I love you.Your situation help me to came to church back 100%.Very soon I will can to go to Temple I will put your name there. Good bless you and your family.
ReplyDeleteWith love, Rita Halilu
Goodness sakes! Cookies! Good Job Amber. What next world peace? :) Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteYAY! When is she coming home??
ReplyDeleteAmber,
ReplyDeleteYou are truly a beautiful, Christlike soul, always thinking of others before yourself.
You are wonderful! Have a fabulous weekend with your dear family!
Love,
Mathew, Elizabeth, and Evalina Bass
Wow! Every day the news gets better! Way to go Amber...you are one tough chick:)
ReplyDeleteAmber you are awesome!! We are so happy to hear your magnificent progress and can't wait to see you and give you a big hug. When we drive by your house.. we always think of you. Your in our thoughts and prayers continuously. Love ya!!
ReplyDeleteKeith & Kim Mayhugh
So glad to hear you're doing well! You are an amazing person! Love, Brenda Naylor
ReplyDeleteAmber, we're so glad you are doing so well! What a miracle! We just wanted to let you know we are still praying for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteEmily Caplin
Congrats to you all!!! She is such a selfish lady, but she said she wanted to make cookies & she did it, I guess all that she has been through & making those cookies today has shown Amber can do what she wants!!!! I am so happy for all of you to have her back.. I would love to meet her someday with Kim if that is no problem.. You are an inspiration Amber to me, keep fighting!!! Jamie ♥
ReplyDeleteAmber...I have followed this blog regularly over the past few weeks. Though I believed it before, my faith in miracles was renewed through your experience. Susan was so excited to tell me about her visit with you last night. We are all so happy for you and absolutely amazed at the progress you've made through perseverance and lots of hard work. You're experience has been faith building for so many of us. We love you and look forward to spending wonderful times with you again! Take care, Donna
ReplyDeleteHOORAY!!!!! Cant wait to salsa!! And make Peach cobbler!!!! And go swimming!!!! Gosh we miss you guys!!! So happy for our Joycee!!
ReplyDeleteUncle Dan is a changed man. He's been going to church! Go figure! And a mormon to boot! Wow-heeheehee. Oh , dont get me wrong...he's still a pistol, but when he heard about you Amber....well, he started to say his prayers and the rest is just quite simply....the power of Amber! You just have such a special gift! We love you SO MUCH! Cant wait to see you darling girl! Loves, Uncle Dan and Auntie Nima PS Did someone say COOKIES!???
Ok, Amber I am waiting for that special chocolate baked on the roll. I won't say no next time! What good news to hear tonight. We will come and see you,now that I won't have to practice my lip reading skills. So glad you are getting well and coming home. Can't wait! Anyway Braxton is glad the trac is gone and you are talking. Yeah for you. I was so happy to get a text couldn't believe my eyes. I had to adjust my glasses.
ReplyDeleteLove You and continue to pray for you. By the way, you are something else!!!! Just some of your fans we are. Nita and the Boys
Amber, I am a member of the Columbia, South Carolina Stake and of course, love your Uncle Bobby Giles. Oddly enough, I am also friends with Emery Smith, having been friends with her Mom, Tracy since Emery was in Primary San Francisco, CA. Thanks to Facebook, I heard about you from Emery. At the last Stake Conference, Pres. Giles started telling your story, and it was as though it was lifted right from the Eclaires blog, or this one. I knew in an instant that the woman he was telling about was you. It is a small world in the church, but I want you to know that the entire Columbia Stake has been praying for you. How wonderful that you are getting back to your wonderful life...I can tell you, your Uncle Bobby is walking "on air" every time I see him! Be better and better every day, and know that you are prayed about and loved, even at a distance. I have been so impressed by you through reading these blogs! Take care and keep those cookies coming! You're a real fighter and I admire you so much! :)
ReplyDeleteWe're so happy for you. Hope you'll be going home soon to be with your family. Faith has brought the miracles; your hard work is putting it into action. We'd love to see you soon, maybe when you're feeling even better, we'll be able to make it down to see you and your family. Know we love you and you continue to be in our prayers. Love--Aunt Kathy & Uncle Dave
ReplyDeleteWEEEEEEEEEEE!
ReplyDeleteAmber, I LOVE YOU!!!
Lately, If there's days that i don't feel like going on, you remind me to step it into gear, and to keep on MOVIN'! Thank you for your strength, example, and fortitude. I can never read these blogs without crying my eyeballs out.... you'll never know the blessings you've brought to me.
HUGS AND LOVES!-Cousin Katie
I'm glad to hear things are improving so rapidly! I want to come visit, but don't want to wear you out. We continue to think about you and pray for your continued recovery. We're very proud of you!
ReplyDeleteLove, Chris & Aimee
Dear Amber,
ReplyDeleteYou have been such an inspiration to our family and your story has given us greater hope since we are going through something similar with my sister right now. Just like your experience, we have also had many people's prayers. Isn't it amazing how the Lord can turn challenges into blessings in many people's lives? You have been a blessing to us in helping us kind of know what to expect in the recovery process and what faith can do. We are thrilled for you and wish you the best.
Susan (Marilee's sister -- she knows J.P.)
This was the best news yet. What a miracle. I am soo- happy for you and your family. You are amazing. I am still praying girl. You keep getting better. You look amazing love Dan,Steph and P.J. Martin
ReplyDeleteamber,
ReplyDeletehow GREAT it was to see you yesterday! how inspiring you are! I once again was so incredibly touched by you and the things you shared with us. thank you thank you thank you! you have been on my mind all day, along with your incredible journey and story. You are one of heavenly father's choice children. thank you.
amy nore
Our family (in Gilbert, AZ) has been following your progress with updates from my Aunt Sherri (my mom, Terri Jensen, is Sherri's twin). I just got this blog address today and have been able to track your amazing and miraculous story from the beginning. JP probably doesn't remember me, but I remember him being the cutest, blue-eyed toddler in the South. And family is family--so we do feel emotionally connected! Please know that we were honored to participate in the fast and that we put your family's name on the Mesa temple prayer roll, and we are so pleased at the positive outcome and pray the Lord continues to bless your family and to help Amber remain steadfast in her healing process. Best wishes from Shannon Jensen Howard, Travis, and sons!
ReplyDeleteI love you, you are amazing and such a blessing to have as a friend. It sounds like you are not wasting anytime getting back to a life of service. I can't thank you enough for the blessing you have been in my families life!
ReplyDeleteChristiane
Amber, I already had a testimony of the power of prayer, but that testimony has been strengthened through your amazing story of progress. I have never met anyone with more of a Christ-like love of people than you have shown. Please know of the love our family has for you and your family. We will never forget the true friendship you have shown to us. We pray for your continued recovery.
ReplyDeleteWe look forward to a visit with you and J.P. But that will wait until you are strong enough.
(((AMBER)))) I can't tell you how happy I am! I know we don't know each other well. I just have to say that our prayers have been with you and your family. I am so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father that knew that there was more for you to do here on earth! What a modern day miracle! Take good care of yourself and keep on healing! We have missed you!! We are here for you and your family!
ReplyDeleteAmber, I am so excited to hear you are home. My husband came home from a meeting Sunday morning and told me you were home. I am elated! Our
ReplyDeleteHeavenly Father is a Father of Miracles. I know that prayer is a beautiful thing and that s a very big part in our lives. I am grateful for your life, and the journey that you have been through. It has made my testimony grow tremendously. Thank You, Thank You for your beautiful spirit and testimony. Erin And I would love to come and visit you, and see how you are doing sometime. We left you little something on your porch the other day, I hope you got It! Love you, Jessica Bangerter.
Amber,
ReplyDeleteWe are so glad to hear that you are home! We have directed many prayers to Heaven on your behalf and are so grateful to be able to witness this miracle straight from Heavenly Father. Continue to get better! In the midst of everything you are doing this post about baking cookies was so touching - what an angel you are! We could not be happier for you and your family.
Lots of love your way!
Annika (Elg) Rau