Hi everyone!
Amber is still making slow and steady progress each day. Sunday brought a little bit of toe wiggling and a few more squeezes of the hands. Monday morning she was wide awake, which meant that by Monday afternoon, she was completely zonked. She still spends much of the day resting, which is what her body needs. Her brain waves continue to look a little better each day.
Today, she is moving her hands and feet a little better, although still not able to lift them. She moves her head only to nod ever so slightly. She continues to breathe mostly on her own, but talking is out of the question, even though she tries every once in awhile, until the tracheotomy is capped.
Early this morning, the physical therapist sat Amber up on the side of her bed, where she remained (with a lot of help) for thirteen minutes! This is an excellent start to really getting her core muscles to begin working again.
We are so thrilled with each step she makes on this road to full recovery. She still has quite a daunting road to travel, but we know she's such a strong woman. She is a walking miracle.
Your prayers on behalf of and words of encouragement to our family have been so uplifting and inspiring. We have read every comment and gained strength from each one of you. We feel your love and are so grateful.
Now that Amber is more aware and awake, we invite you to leave your thoughts and words of encouragement for her (rather than for us), as she makes her way through this. We have been reading many of your previous comments to her and she has been so happy to hear your words. Remember those smiles I told you about? Well, she has had some for you. She would love to hear from you, whether it's a few words of encouragement to lift her spirits, maybe something new that's happened in your life, or a fun, funny, or uplifting memory you share with her. She'll love it!
Thank you all so much! We love you all!
Amber...you can do it! Your family and friends are praying daily for you and so look forward to sharing many wonderful times with you again. Though I've only known you a few months, I've enjoyed our wonderful conversations about family, books, travel, etc. as I sat and you colored and cut my hair. You are an amazing woman! I've loved learning about your life and have come to know you as a woman of great faith and strength! Keep smiling and working hard. You will do it! We love you!
ReplyDeleteI don't know Amber, or any of you for that matter. However, I do know Julina Manning and she as asked me to pray for her, and I have been since she first got word of Ambers condition. All I can say is that I will continue to have Amber in my prayers and thoughts until the day she gets out of the hospital.
ReplyDeleteBry
Amber, I'm so happy that you're awake. I miss you and I can't wait to talk to you again. You're such a strong person and I know it's your amazing example that has helped everyone who cares for you get through this difficult time. We remind ourselves that you wouldn't want us to give up, nor would you let us if you could be talking. Myliu tave!
ReplyDeleteAmber I was driving down to work from fairview today with Tysons and I looked at the trees and the leaves on the trees and said I need to take some pictures from Amber because when you came out to decorate my moms house you thought it was such an amazing view and now they are changing colors which is so beautiful. You are such a strong person and are doing so great and will continue to show us how much faith and love you have for the lord. We love you and know you can do this I can't wait to talk to you soon.
ReplyDeleteAshly Kidd
Dear Amber, I know from first hand experience the frustration you feel after coming out of a coma. Mine was not as long as yours only 10 days, but it is hard when you feel like you can reach for something it is so close but so far away. I felt like everything was in slow motion. Have faith though, your muscle control will come back faster than you think. Just be careful eating you have to learn how to swallow again. It is amazing how many little things we take for granted that we do everyday, like getting into a shower, and NO racing in the hallways when they let you get into a wheelchair. yes a wheelchair at first until you are more steady on your feet. physical therapist are great people and very patient. enough is enough for now. I remember one of the hardest things when i was waking up was hearing my kids and seeing they're shadows through like a vail and not being able to reach them. but when I could, I loved them to death. We Love You Very Much Honey!! talk to you later Love Aunt Wanda and family
ReplyDeleteOk, so I have a fun time I want to share with you ,Amber. It was the time, Ruth you and I went up sledding with the Young women. There were these long runs that you would take tubes down. At the top of the run there was someone enforcing the one person goes down the hill at a time rule. So we or should I say you and Ruth, because I am a chicken, came up with this scheme to have Ruth and you "accidentally trip" down the hill when I went so we could all go together. Our plan worked, but as we got about half way down the hill we realized why there is the one person only down the hill rule because our momentum took us flying, Ruth had to dig her feet into the snow saving us from soaring over the edges. I think we screamed(mainly me) and laughed the whole way down. I had so much fun. I miss you and miss your crazy driving while we look for estate sales. Get better soon. love Tara
ReplyDeleteDear Amber,
ReplyDeleteYou are LOVED beyond anything we can all say. Thank you for being so willing to pass through this trial, knowing that your experience would strengthen all of our faith. Our Savior did the same thing for us. Amber, I KNOW that you will be given the blessings you have sought. I can't wait to see you, and to continue to grow closer to the Lord through your example. With all my heart, Alicia
Hello sweet Amber, this is Larry Wahrer from the Greenville 3rd Ward to say we love you and are greatful for your improvement. You are a strong girl with lots of love for your family and that with the many prayers will sustain you through this challenge. We pray for you and your family. Scott Wahrer married Lindsey Hansen in the Mesa, AZ temple on Aug 21st. Lindsey is a real sweet girl who comes from a good LDS family. They now live in Orem, UT going to school(UVU). Scott definately married up, (like JP did when he married you).He's the last of our 6 children to get married. We love you Amber and we prayer for you often each day and can hardley wait to see you again soon. Larry Wahrer
ReplyDeleteAmber, as I read the post this morning I began thinking about what to write, and I felt impressed to tell you what I wrote in my journal about you a few months after I first met you. "I have to talk about Amber Giles. She is in book club with me. She's been in our ward for about six or eight months. I don't know her extremely well yet, but I have a feeling that she is going to be a very good friend. I feel a kind of connection to her that I don't feel very often when I meet new people. Not to diminish other friendships that I have. It's hard to describe. I feel like I've known her for a long time. I feel like there is a reason that we will be friends. A reason for her to be in my life right now. I always feel happier after I've been with her and lighter somehow." Since then we've had some great times together! Playing "Apples to Apples," showing off on the guitar, BBQs, Girls Camp, discussions on books, kids, our husbands (man we love them!), family and the gospel. I am patiently waiting until we are able to make more memories together. Danielle, Summer and I are anxious to come and see you! So, work hard and know that we are fasting and praying for you. My hair is growing out so, when you are ready, you'll have a blank canvas to work with. And when you get home, I am here to help! I love you and am grateful for the friend and example you've been to me!
ReplyDeleteKarin
Amber,
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited to hear about your progress. Every night William prays for you and asks how his old nursery teacher is doing. Our love and prayers are with you.
Love,
The Penrods
Amber-you may not remember but I met you at your wedding. I've been friends with J.P. and his family for a long time. I remember thinking how beautiful you looked on your wedding day contrasted with the sadness I felt when I heard about everything. Your fight to survive and thrive has been so inspiring and although we may not understand why I know that Heavenly Father has a purpose for you with this trial. Thank your for your strength and courage. Our family prays for you and wishes you the best in your recovery. Love, Lisa (Briggs) Esplin & Family (Adam, Claire & Afton)
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you Amber! My daughter and I are still praying for you and your family daily! I have faith that you will have a full recovery. We love you!
ReplyDeleteJulie & Savannah
amber...it is truly amazing what you have done! Your perseverance is inspiring and has touched more people than you know. I know we don't know each other well, but you have touched me and made me strive to become a better person and to trust in Heavenly Father's plan for us and our lives. Keep pushing forward and making such great progress! Our family has been thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers. I am thrilled to hear that you are doing so well!
ReplyDeletesincerely,
amy nord and family
Amber...great progress! I am thrilled to read that you are doing so well and make such great progress! Though we've only recently become aquainted with each other, i wanted you to know that i have been touched by your kindness to me. You radiate light and there is something about you that makes people want to be around you. What a wonderful gift, (for that truly is a gift). I have been touched by your story and the tender mercies of our Heavenly Father. He loves you and has truly been keeping a watchful eye over you and your family. Keep working hard, i know you will. You are doing great! Hang in there and congratulations for the wonderful progress!
ReplyDeletesincerely,
amy nord
Singing....
ReplyDeleteAmber dear we love you so...
Your happy smiling face...
Is such a joy to look at...........
You make the world a better place!
Thanks for doing all that is required of you to get better! WE LOVE YOU
(Auntie) Merrilee
Amber,
ReplyDeleteYou are my super hero! I loved getting to know you at camp and really gained a huge respect for everything you've gone through. Now you can add this to the list! You're such a strong woman, and WILL get through this. My whole family (including my 4 year old Elise) prays for you daily. Keep up the good work. And we continue to pray for you, JP, and your sweet kiddos. Thanks for helping strengthen my testimony, and I feel because of this it's helped strengthen the ward more too.
Lots of Love,
Brian & Ann Wells
Hi Amber, you don't know me but I have been following your great progress the past few weeks. I am Kim Mayhugh's sister in law. She lives down the street from you. I have heard so many great things about your family. I have been praying for you all along. You have such great strength. You are an inspiration to so many...:) I look forward to meeting you soon. Maybe you, Kim and I can get together one day and let the kids play? I live in Bluffdale but head over to Eagle Mountain to visit Kim often. I hope you are feeling okay today. Thinking of you and praying for you every day. Take care and hold strong. You are doing it!!!! :)Big Hugs...
ReplyDeleteAmber, way to go woman! I'm so proud of you and how hard you're working. You're going to beat this! Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. We love you!
ReplyDeleteAimee & Chris Francom
Hey Joy!
ReplyDeleteIt has made me so happy to read that you are on the road to recovering and making the strides you are. I can't imagine how strange it must feel to be you right now. Like a dream where you wake up in a haze and can't quite get your eyes to focus completely, groggy and not really in control of your body, but a, this will come in time. Be patient. Be Calm. Most of all focus on getting strong again.
I am jumping at the chance to write something to you since all I have done the last month is think of you and our memories. Some good, some not so good, but a favorite: It drives Nate CRAZY that I don't close the door to "tootoo" and this is because of you. When We first became roommates I won't forget the time I closed the door and you opened it right up and said,: "Hey I'm talking to you. I can't see your face if you close the door." And I am always ever so careful as to how many squares I use each time.
I hope this makes you smile a little today. It has me. I will try to write more each day until I come see. YES that's right, you are getting your wish and I am coming out to visit ONLY YOU! So keep working hard and I will soon be there to give you a full Alexander.
I Love you!!! Jenny
Amber we are praying for you! We just love you to pieces! You are such a special person. You are so fun and happy and always make us smile. Keith and I love spending time with you and JP because you have a way of making us feel so good and uplifted. You are a great friend to all. Please continue to get well again!
ReplyDeletelove, Tricia and Keith
Amber we are so glad that you are making small improvements each day. You are a very special person to Rich and I, and we have prayed and fasted for your recovery. We're anxious to see you up and around again with your beautiful smile and happy attitude.
ReplyDeleteMary and Rich Steinkopf
I know you can do it! Don't give up! I keep thinking of the fun time that we spent shopping for the Relief Society dinner at Costco. I love to see you smile and hear your words of encouragement. You have a heart of gold. Much love and prayers.
ReplyDeleteChristiane Juvenal
Hey Amber! I wake up every morning and check your blog before I do anything else. I am so happy to hear your progress! I think of you often. The last time I saw you was at Greg's wedding were you and JP were definitely the best dancers there! I remember you guys were doing the salsa and you were amazing:) Keep working hard and I know you will be right back out there! Then you can teach me your moves! Love, Holly Tesimale
ReplyDeleteAmbie,
ReplyDeleteI just wanted you to know how much TJ and I love you. You have always been such a good example to me and a shoulder to lean on. I have missed you and am so glad to see you awake and smiling again! Your strength and spirit have helped everyone around you to have more faith, thank you for the sacrifices you have made for our family. Love you, we will see you soon, Alta
Amber Dear! I am over joyed knowing that you continue to make progress... You are such a strong woman and you are a very special daughter to our Heavenly Father. You will get through this! It is evident that Heavenly Father is looking out for you!!
ReplyDeleteWe have been friends for about a year now... and I have cherished every conversation we have ever had and I will continue to do so. I think about you multiple times throughout every day. I miss our morning runs and the stories we share! You have touched so many lives and strengthened so many people and some you don't even know. My family and Logan's family continues to ask about you and pray for you and your sweet family.
You have an amazing husband and he loves you so much Amber... He has been at your side throughout this entire thing. You also have such an amazing family and soo many friends who love and care about you! You are truly blessed! I love you and I can't wait to see your bright blue eyes and smile... and to hear about this experience from YOU! xoxo
Amber, you have been in my thoughts & prayers every single day. You are such an amazing person & I am so grateful that I can say you are my long time friend. Because you are so often on my mind these past few weeks, I have reflected on so many fun memories with you. I remember when we would put watter balloons in our bras & walk around the neighborhood (how embarrassing), all the times we'd walk around the stores with our moms & pretend we had an English accent. All the fun night games, fun times at Bear Lake, you teaching me gymnastics and horse back ridding. As little girls we were planning a double wedding & going to build our house that the four of us could live in together, remember that? There is so many fun memories that we had together...next time we get together we'll reminisce. Over all you have been such a positive, spiritual, happy, uplifting person. Even at such a young age, you always inspired me to strive to be a better person. Thank you for always being an example to me. You are a friend that I will always hold close, even if it's been a while sense I've seen ya. Hang in there & during those tough times, remember how many people love you & are standing by your side supporting you & praying for you. I love ya Amber, & I can't wait until I can give ya a hug!
ReplyDelete-Jocelyn
Amber
ReplyDeleteMy heart is so full of joy to hear you are doing so well. You have been in my thoughts and prayers daily since i heard the news about you. Like so many other people have mentioned, you have such an incredible spirit about you and it was so evident when i met you. I think everyone wants to be your friend. I feel like i was just getting to know you and JP. We had talked about but have not gotten the chance to have that game night yet. I know Jordan and I would love that when you are up to it!
Amber you have truly been an inspiration for so many people and have brought so many people closer to our Heavenly Father. I know i have personally grown closer to him. Keep fighting Amber...we all Love and Miss You!!
Amy Hooge
Dear Amber ,
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Rachael , I am Rayemanette's Daughter ( your mom's friend). I have been following your blog , and getting updates from my mom on how you are doing . You are such an insperation!!! you are such a strong amazing women. I recently spent some time up on that 14th floor , I had a brain tumor. While going through that trial I often thought "why" now looking back at it I know why!!! You have touched so many people , people you dont even know , you have brought people that dont even know eachother , together for your behalf. We have all been praying and fasting for you , and prayers have been answered. I have such a strong testimony of our Father in Heaven! We are never alone! Amber we will continue to pray and fast for you and your recovery !
Love Rachael
Amber, it's so good to hear that you are awake and progressing forward. Even though it seems hard, at times, please continue to press on with that strong and tenacious spirit of yours. There are so many people who love and miss you....especially ME....you always make me look so great after a cut and color, I feel 10 years younger whenever I leave your house :) I also miss the talks we had while you worked on my hair. I can hardly wait to see you again,talk with you, and give you a BIG HUG......OH, and Hillary said that "no one will ever be able to color her hair the way that Amber does, she has the perfect formula"....so, as you can tell, we can't get along without you!!! LOVE YOU MUCH, Susan Gunnell
ReplyDeleteYou are such an amazing woman! I so enjoy coming to book club with you- even though I no longer live in your ward- and I am so happy to hear that your awake and doing well! Like so many others we have been praying for your full recovery. You always have a huge smile on your face & I am so grateful for your friendship! Can't wait to see you again at book club!
ReplyDeleteLove ya-
Melanie Young
Amber,
ReplyDeleteDo you see yet how many people's lives you have touched? And I am sure this is not all of them yet. I think we have only talked a few times and that was when we did the Relief Society program and they called you at the last minute to sing a solo. I was amazed...at your willingness to serve and you're friendliness in giving advice and especially encouraging those of us who still doubt our abilities. You are an amazing woman and I hope that maybe one day we can be friends.
I read the book the Message and I can't help but think of it when I think of you and the trial you are going through. It gives me some understanding as to what you and your family are dealing with and also makes me wonder "where you have been" through all of this. And feel that you are and your family has been and will be blessed because of this. I am sure you will have a lot to share when you are able. Your are in my thoughts and prayers daily!
Much love,
Katrena King
Amber,
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you and your family. I am remembering a little song you sang for our RS program at "Women at the Well"... do you remember. You sang about the little girl that was resurrected. You wore white and sang like an angel..."I go to be his miracle". How prophetic that is in light of the events of the last month. You were so near death and now here you are a modern miracle.
I glory in this miracle as Ammon gloried in the conversion of thousands when he said
"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever... Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.
I can only imagine the frustrations of a body that will not fully respond the way you are used to or the exhaustion that comes from something that comes so easily for you, such as smiling. I know you are being sustained by angels even now and are surrounded by loved ones. You are so full of light. I see it, and I can see so many others see it as well.
School is in full swing now and fall is in the air. The mountains are beautiful which means Adam and my two oldest have been hiking a lot. Susanna turned one and can stand for a few seconds. I will see you as soon as you are able. Love you lots Amber and as Karin said we look forward to the fun times ahead.
Summer
Hello Amber,
ReplyDeleteWe are so glad to hear all the good news. I miss you and your beautiful smile, your big blue eyes and your stories. I am really glad you are making progress. I could hear your words for the past month. Saying, Have Faith in Heavenly Father and ask for whatever it is that you want. I am sure you you will have plenty to share with us one day.
The boys ask daily about you and are waiting for you to come home. We are praying for you and all your family. We look forward to seeing you, we love you and your family.
Take care little sweetheart,
Nita
Amber,
ReplyDeleteThe Lord has blessed us with the true gift of Miracles through you!! You have become such and inspiration to so many people...people you don't even know! People who have heard your story and are following your progress, praying for you and pleading with the Lord to bless you. You have strengthened our (Giles & yours) families and brought hope and faith to a world that lacks it. Thank you for being so strong. Thank you for teaching all of us about Miracles and thank you for reminding us how true Prayer and Faith works! You are blessed with such an AMAZING husband(!!) and he is so blessed to have YOU!! Not to mention those stinkin cute kid-os of yours!! We all love you so very much and feel so blessed to have you with us! Continue to trust in the Lord and let him carry you and your beautiful family through this hard time. There's always a rainbow on the other side of the storm:) We love you, Tiffany & Marty Joyner
Amber Good Job!!! If anyone can do this you can, without a doubt!! Please know that you are loved, cared for, and have clearly touched so many lives! Mine included, in the short time we have known each other and the view times we have been together you have something special about you. Something people are drawn to, and that something special is your love and kindness that you show to others.
ReplyDeleteOur Heavenly Father has answered many prayers on your behalf and will continue to do so. You have faith and he knows that. Your family loves you so very much your lucky to have so many friends and family who love you! One day at a time, one moment at a time! We all look forward to you coming home and we will continue to pray for you.
With love,
Amy
Jonny sent me a text message early this morning. It read, "Check Amber's blog :)" After I saw the smiley face, I ran to the computer.
ReplyDeleteWe too are so thrilled for the progress you are making. I remember the day we first read news of your waking up with no seizures. Everyone at church was smiling about it! The Young Women especially. They are always asking/giving updates on you condition. They love you and are sincerely praying for you and your family - as we all are.
This morning as I ran I thought of a memory I have of you from Girls Camp. For a few moments, I watched you braid Kaye's hair as you softly spoke to her of the good qualities you had observed in her, even though you'd only known her a short time. I think that meant a lot to her.
We all love you and so look forward to seeing you soon. Keep up the amazing work!
Love, Melody
Amber, I'm sure you don't remember me, some years ago, I came to Michelle and Jonathan's house to look at Cookie Lee jewelry with my mother-in-law, Janie, and sister-in-law, Alison and Heidi. You showed me the most beautiful necklace, which sparkled on my neck like the sun, and of course, I couldn't resist it! I know it's a small thing, but I have loved that necklace since that day and worn it many times! All thanks to you. I know you bring sunshine to your friends and family and I am glad to have had the small opportunity to experience it too!!! We are praying for your full and quick recovery!
ReplyDeleteErin Axelson
Dear Sweet Amber: I am so extremely happy to hear that you are doing so well. I love you with all of my heart. I always think about how you loved the little animals especially in Puerto Rico. You loved that little dog that came from the forest that was near your home. I loved it when Grandpa and I could come visit you in Puerto Rico for Christmas. It was about 1988, I think. You all worked so hard to help us have a great time. It's a memory I will never forget. Your family is so special. I love them all so much. Keep that beautiful smile on your face. XOXO Someday I hope to see you.
ReplyDeleteGrandma Millie
Amber we are so happy to hear the good news!!! we are really happy to know that you are getting better and better each day. We love you and we are praying for your full recovery. We cant wait to see you and be able to enjoy your company again. You are an amzing person.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Evelyn, Ben and
Padilla Family
Amber we are so happy to hear the good news!!! we are so happy to know that you are getting better and better each day. We are praying for your full recovery. We love you, you are an amazing friend and we cant wait to see you and enjoy your company again.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Evelyn, Ben and Padilla Family
Amber, it seems like you're all we talk about these days. All along, we've agreed that if anyone can pull through it, it's you. I'm amazed at the amount of people pulling for you. It's evident that you have touched so many lives. We look forward to when this is all over and you're back at home. We continue to pray for you and have great hope that you'll be home soon.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Steve and Miss (and Ava)
Amber, We are so pleased with the miracles happening in your body. There is not a family prayer said that your name is not mentioned. We have grown so close to you in our hearts, mind and faith. We love you. Of course we have always been such great friends with all the Giles and seen your sweet JP grow up. We are continuing our prayers, faith and fasting that you will have a full recovery and those sweet children will have their wonderful Mommy back at home with them soon. We love all y'all!!
ReplyDeleteJim and Janie Axelson
we love you and are so glad you are doing better! you are in our prayers everyday! Just keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteLove Ya!! Love, Alicia Snarr
Amber, we have been praying for you too. It seems like girls camp was yesterday and I didn't hardly know you before then. I am reminded of one of the visiting teaching messages (or was is conference?) that talked about how we measure success. When so much seems amiss it is comforting to know that when we have and bring the spirit to others that is true success. It seems you have been blessed with true success at this time. Remember what real success is and when someone sees progress in you and your condition then believe them. So often with my PT patients I can see their progress before they do. When you are ready for a gentle massage again, let me know :) We love you. Tamara Sasser
ReplyDeleteAmber you are a strong and determined woman! It is amazing how far you have come. I love hearing all the updates and the good things that are happening. It makes me so happy!!
ReplyDeleteRemember our note we left on that car...signed Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz. Deanna carter's...we danced anyway. Foot massages with lavender oil. The cheese aisle...need I say more?! So many fun memories. I've missed you and cant wait to see you soon.
Your awesome Amber...keep up the good work! Love you girl.
Bonnie
Dear Amber,
ReplyDeleteOur hearts and love are with you. You are in our prayers many times a day. Kate prays for you too. The other day the nursery leader asked me "Who's Amber?" She went on to explain that Kate had told the child who was picked to say the prayer that they had to pray for you. So you're not forgotten in ANY prayer around here!
Amber, you're such an inspiration to me. I love you. I've never known someone so capable or so generous and pure hearted. Blessings on you.
Joe and I are in Hawaii. I'm bringing you back something for sure! Just a little something to look forward to ;-).
So much love,
Heidi
Amber,
ReplyDeleteYou probably don't know me - I don't know you, but my daughter, Ashley has babysat for you and she told me all about your darling children when she got home that night. She's been so worried for you all through your ordeal and we're checking your blog daily hoping for progress and updates. We're very proud of you and how hard you're working. I'm anxious to meet you in person when you are well and back in your cute home again. Don't give up - even if it's hard - your kids need and love you. It will be worth all the hard work once it's over. Hang in there! We're pulling for you.
Marci Merrell (from the ward)
Hi Amber!
ReplyDeleteThis is your cousin, Tasha. I am so happy every day to hear of your amazing progress. You are doing fantastic and are such a strong woman. Amber, you are one of the most genuine, loving, and warm people I know. You are like a little light that draws everyone to you.
The last time I got to see you was at Amy's wedding, and it was so fun to catch up and hear all about what was going on with you. You are such a doll and I love you so much. I have kept you and your sweet little family in my prayers daily and am so thankful to know that prayers are answered! You are loved by so many. Keep strong! You have amazed us all!
Love you sweetie,
Tasha
Amber, I am so glad to hear that you are doing better. You will make it through this. You are one of the strongest women I know, and you are surrounded by people who love you so much. You have been in my thoughts every day this last month, and even though I haven't seen you and JP in so long, I hope you can feel how much I love you both. Stay strong!
ReplyDeleteHey, Amber :) I came by with my parents on Wednesday around noon, but you were having some tests done and were sleeping, so we weren't able to say Hi to you, but JP talked with us for about 15 min. He told us how amazing you look and how well you are doing and strong you are becoming :) His eyes were so bright and so full of love, I was tearing up :) I was bummed I couldn't give you a hug, but I will catch you another time. My girls pray for you with every prayer. Lydia even blesses your food :) The first time she said that, I didn't know to laugh or cry, so I did both and gave her a hug :) I know you are so determined to get stronger and I can't wait to have some time to chat with you!! All our love and prayers, Rachel and family xox
ReplyDeleteAmber:
ReplyDeleteI am checking your blog every day and am so excited to hear about your progress! You are one very tough girl and if anybody can do this, you can. You are an example to all of us as perserverance and grace. Your smile through hardship inspires us all to try harder, be better, and appreciate our blessings. And now you are inspiring us some more.
I was at dinner with Betsy Bennion (Heidi's sister) and we were talking about you and how much we adore you. Betsy described how you helped Heidi while she was in her tortuous master's program, and how you always made her feel like it was such a pleasure to serve her during that time that was so difficult for her. And that pretty much describes you: so mindful of others, always making us feel like rock stars when you are the rock star.
So, keep going Amber. You can do it! We love you!!!
Amy Poulson
Amber-
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing!! Keep fighting!! You have so much good around you. What a wonderful family you have. We love you and want you to know you are continually in our thoughts and prayers. Know that we are here cheering for you and we care about you!!
Love
Kelly Dustin and Boys
Amber, it makes me so happy to hear about your progress. YOu are the strongest gal I know! Remember last time you were cutting my hair and you were telling me how you were trying to decide if you should have another baby....YOu told me your story of faith and prayer to our Heavenly Father and the answers you received, and how everything just fell into place! That is just one example of your unyielding faith. You are amazing.
ReplyDeleteI will also never forget our obsession with Jace in the Mortal Instruments book series....haha... we had some fun conversations about that too.
Love you Amber, cant wait to talk to you again soon!
Amber,
ReplyDeleteYou are such an amazing woman and are making such great progress. I went through something similar with my sister, and I want you to remember that the little steps are HUGE in the grand scheme of things. I know it can get discouraging at times, but every little step is a step forward, and that's what matters. Know that the whole ward loves you and is continually praying for you and your sweet family. Alma 37:41 "Nevertheless, because those miracles were worked by small means it did show unto them marvelous works..." We love you!
Kristy and Jason Greenwood
Amber,
ReplyDeleteYou are such a wonderful woman and we know you will make it through this. I know at times it can get discouraging, but remember that all the little steps add up to something great. We went through something similar with my (Kristy) sister, and know that every little thing can be HUGE in the grand scheme of things. Alma 37:6--"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." Know that the enitre ward loves you and is continually praying for you and your sweet family.
--Jason and Kristy Greenwood
Amber,
ReplyDeleteWe are so grateful to hear the good news of your recent progress!
You and your family have been in our thoughts and prayers constantly.
We are so grateful to a loving, merciful Father in Heaven who hears and answers prayers. Mathew started working in the Provo temple as an ordinance worker on Wednesday nights. He has witnessed firsthand the power of prayer and the exercise of it in behalf of others.
Your name as been on the prayer roll of many different temples throughout the United States. Prayers have ascended heavenward in your behalf from the lips of adults and children alike. You truly have united people around the world.
This experience has brought people together and taught each of us that our Father in Heaven does indeed hear and answer prayers.
Amber, you are a wonderful, beautiful, vibrant daughter of God. We feel so blessed to be associated with you and J.P.
May our Father in Heaven continue to bless you is our prayer.
With so much love,
Mathew, Elizabeth, and Evalina Bass
Amber,
ReplyDeleteIt has been many years since I have seen you. But I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you and praying for you every day. You are amazing and have truly strengthened my testimony. Stay positive and move forward---I know there are great things for you. Love you.
aimee (reeder) smith
Amber,
ReplyDeleteI am so excited about your progress. TJ & I watch the blog almost daily to check on any new news. After being in a calling together I know how strong willed and amazing you are. You are such a sweetheart with so much love & kindness to share with everyone. You WILL get through this, I am sure of it. No matter how hard it seems to push forward, just remember how many people are cheering you on.
You have impacted so many lives, and will continue to do so every day. Our family prays for you & your family daily along with the many others. You have strengthened our family & our ward family indefinitely.
With Love,
Jenn & TJ Carlson
Amber,
ReplyDeleteWe continue to pray for your healing everyday! We are so happy to hear how well you are doing. We know that miracles happen everyday by the power of prayer. Please know how much we think about you and pray for you. We also pray for your cute family. Lots of love and postive thoughts are being sent your way.
Love,
John, Clarissa, Autumn, and Abbey Stagg
My sweet friend Amber,
ReplyDeleteThis has been a long road for you. I miss your beautiful spirit. I am so happy that your getting better. Not a day has gone by that I don't think of you. It's already been a year since that time you and JP walked by and introduced yourselves with your two beautiful children. You were the first people in the ward that we met. I enjoyed working with you in the Relief Society and the Young Woman are so lucky to have you. I can't wait until we get to spend more time together. It always seemed like we both schedules where we couldn't find the time. Our last conversation was out in the street when you were going home from Y.W. we were making plans to do my hair. It really needs your help.. I love and miss you. My husband Keith just found out that he is your hometeacher and he is happy and eager to help with anything. We are here for you Amber!! My family as well as friends who don't know you have been praying for your full recovery. Love you lots!!! Kim Mayhugh
Amber,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you are coming out of this difficult time and I know that you will continue to get stronger each day! You have been such a wonderful visiting teacher and I look forward to the day when we can sit and chat about life and everything in between again! Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family daily! Lots of love,
Katie Collier
Amber!!! You can do this, you are such a strong person and have inspired so many! Keep fighting and hang in there girlie!! We miss seeing you guys over here at the willows. You will stay in our prayers and thoughts :)
ReplyDeleteAmber,
ReplyDeleteI am so excited that you are improving everyday. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I remember going to the temple one day and had a feeling I should put your name on the prayer roll. It was the next day I had heard you were in the hospital. I know the Lord is totally aware of you and your family. Be strong and hurry and get better so Jessica and I can come visit you. I love talking with you!
Love, Erin Johnson
Amber,
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to hear of your recent milestones on your road to recovery. I have shared this story with many of my friends and family, and we have all been praying and having faith for you and your family. I literally makes my day when I read the updates on you and learn that you are doing so well every day. I so want to meet you one of these days. As I have been following your story I have come to learn of so many people that love you, and have learned so much from you... I now have become one of those people. As I have learned of you and your faith in the lord... It has strengthened mine. I ahve learned that heavenly father hears us.. and that miricles do happen. How does it feel to be a miricle? I guess we all are in our own way aren't we? Well, I am just so happy to know of you.. and hopefully someday soon we can have lunch :) You are one strong lady and I have no doubts you will come out of this even stronger... spiritually, emotionally and most definitly phisically. I am proud of you and tand in amazement of your journey. Good luck and I will continue to pray for you and your family. On a side note: You have the most adorable children! Take care of yourself!
Love from St. George,
Amanda Cheek
Hi Amber,
ReplyDeleteMy name is John Pontius. I met you at a fireside I gave last August. My daughter Alicia introduced us. She is here today, and was telling me about your struggles. It broke my heart to hear of your situation, but there is a very bright side to your present struggles as well.
Let me tell you something that I hope helps. I know that you are seeking for great blessings. Alicia tells me that you are a pure soul with righteous desires. There is a pathway to these blessings, and sometimes the struggle is great and the price is almost more than we can bear. But, the glorious truth here is that you are on a path that leads to these glorious things, not one that leads to suffering, more suffering and then the end of mortality. I am certain that such a seeker as yourself will emerge from this struggle triumphant, and you will laugh again, and hold your children again, kiss your husband and comfort him from his long ordeal, and rejoice and rejoice in the grand blessings you have laid upon your head because of your willingness to take any path and pay any price to achieve this most glorious blessing in your life. These thigns will bless you and your family forever.
Every person I know who has laid their whole life on the altar to achieve these things has had experiences similar to yours. Keep the faith. Keep pressing onward. Keep believing.
This too will pass.
My love and prayers to you and to your family,
Brother John Pontius
Amber,
ReplyDeleteYou've been on my mind, in my prayers and occupying my dreams. And I've been so blessed for it!
As I read the blog this morning I wondered what I'd write. Tonight as I was making a scary drive home to a sick little boy who just wanted his Mama, it came to me. In the form of a song. It was more than 10 years ago, but who's counting? I was singing a duet with my sister in Seminary. I was terrified. I probably complained. But you practiced with me, encouraged me and helped me believe in me. I think you even said that I held my mouth well, for someone who'd never had formal singing lessons.
As I sang that song tonight, it was so calming and the memories attached to it sweet. Just like you. Tonight you helped me remember that Heavenly Father is watching over us all and all the time. And He loves us, to know that and feel it is the greatest comfort of all. Thank you for living as a reminder of that love He has for us, through your love!
I love you!
I'm so grateful to know you!
And, I still laugh when I think about how hard you had to work to convince me to skip 2 class periods on Senior Skip day.
As mentioned before, I have never met you, Amber, but I was friends with JP and his family growing up. The Giles are an amazing family, as I’m sure you are too! It is obvious that you have touched so many people. You sound like an amazing person and you are, without a doubt, a strong girl… a fighter! My entire family (The Sutherland’s) are praying for you, as well as myself, my husband and even my two little four-year old girls. When we kneel down for family prayer at night, they have picked up on me praying for you and have now started praying for you in their own prayers. We are all pulling for you and praying for you daily. I’ve got friend’s here in Houston who have read this blog and are praying for you too. You have inspired so many of us… even complete strangers. Keep fighting. Don’t give up. Keep the faith. Praying for you…
ReplyDeleteJamie, Greg, Savannah, Kylie & McKay Williams
Amber,
ReplyDeleteAs you know we have had our good times and our bad, but I do want you to know that I do have such a special spot in my heart for you. You have such a positive out look on life and it is so refreshing to meet someone who has that about them. You are inspiring, and meeting you and knowing all that you have been through has made me search, ponder and pray harder than I ever have before in my life. I really do have such a stronger testimony of this Gospel because of knowing you and your story. As I have told you in emails prior, I wish that you and I could have been closer and could be the sisters I know that we could have been. I am praying for you and for your strength and progress. I hope that you will get better soon and that you will be able to take care of those beautiful children of yours. They are so lucky to have you. Know that your Rockwood Family loves you and always will. We still miss your presence in our family and wish that things could have been different. Maybe they still can? All in all, I hope and pray that you will come out of this a stronger person than you already are... Obvioulsy Heavenly Father thinks the world of you to give you all of these obstacles in your short 30 years of life. It'll be so incredible to see you over the next 30 years and see who you are then. I hope that we will be able to continue to keep in touch and continue our relationship. Keep fighting Amber. xoxo, Kristen Rockwood
Amber,
ReplyDeleteI join all of your family, friends and even strangers that are faithfully following this journey that you have been asked to take. It is so obvious that Heavenly Father is using you as a tool to strengthen all of us. The miracles that we are able to witness as we follow your amazing progress are joined by personal miracles that are coming about because of our willingness to pray and fast for you, unselfishly and unceasingly. Many of those prayers are being offered by members of the Rasmussen family in your behalf. I am asked frequently from different members of our family if I have heard any updates from Bonnie when a few days go by and there are not new posts on this blog. There is so much love and concern in your behalf and I feel blessed to be able to witness Heavenly Fathers hand as it is touching all of our lives. Keep smiling that beautiful smile. You are an inspiration!
Tyler Rasmussen's Mom - Jean
Hi Amber,
ReplyDeleteWe're all so relieved to hear you are fighting back. Keep up the fight! You've overcome so much and given us all such a great example of courage and faith. It's been such a faith building experience to witness this miracle. We're pulling for you and you are in our prayers daily. Keep up the good work! We're all behind you every step.
Love,
The Webbs (Anthony, Emily, and the Boys)
Amber,
ReplyDeleteYou are one amazing women! We were so glad to hear that you are awake and getting better each and every day. You are such a great example of faith and love to those around you and I thank you for that. Our prayers will continue to be with you and your family. Continue to get better! We love you!
Missy (Evanson) Layton
Dear Amber Joy,
ReplyDeleteI love you honey, and have been keeping up on your progress through Gina and Dana every day. What a challenge for you and your whole family! You know Amber, Heavenly Father loves you so much and he knows you individually. You know, he gives challenges like yours, to those he knows are strong enough to fight their way back and you certainly are doing that. He has heard all the prayers in your behalf. People who don't even know you are fasting and praying for you.
He does hear and answer prayers as your progress continues to prove.
Amber, you have such a great family who love you so very much. The unending care and support they have given you is proof of that. You have never really been alone during this trial. They have been there, loving, sacrificing, praying, fasting and encouraging you all the way--always believing that with Heavenly Father's help and your strong,special spirit you would pull through.
Amber, we are all so anxious for your full recovery. It may be a little hard at times as you work to regain your strength, just know that we are all rooting for you and Heavenly Father is by your side--You can do it!
I just got your blog address today so it will be so nice to get your progress reports and not to have to depend on the telephone for answers.
We Love you sweetheart.
Auntie Joy