Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Isn't life sweet?

Amber is no longer our Sleeping Beauty...

I hope she doesn't mind me saying, but she is now more akin to Wonder Woman!


Seriously, what an amazing woman! She is up and walking, virtually all by herself. No kidding. Still a tiny bit shaky, but she is doing it on her own! She climbed up and down three flights of stairs today. She is just charging forward taking every opportunity to get stronger, so that she can get home. It's incredible. This is truly a miracle.

Her voice is getting much stronger, and tomorrow the full tracheostomy will be removed! Hallelujah! She is more than a little excited about that. She has become a professional annunciator, but she is gladly giving up this newfound talent so she doesn't have to rely on our woefully lacking lip-reading skills.

Life is good. God is good. Amber is healing. We have witnessed a miracle. There is no doubt about that. Thank you for your faith and for joining your prayers with ours and calling down the healing powers of heaven. The strength we felt as we all united in prayer and fasting will not be soon forgotten. We have been reminded that our Father in Heaven hears every one of our prayers. He loves us and wants to bless our lives. Let us not forget to give thanks. We are eternally grateful that He saw fit to grant us the blessing of Amber's full recovery. She's well on her way there, sprinting actually. Just itching to get home. Home to that beautiful family of hers. Isn't life sweet?

Amber with JP and the kids... outside!

24 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I love this news!! What an amazing woman, definitely comparable to wonder women ;) I'm SO happy for you amber and your family! I'm sure your kiddos are ecstatic to have their mommy back!! Keep up the hard work, we are cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber! I could not be happier to see you. To see you looking beautiful and on the mend. You are doing so great! There are so many people who love you and want you to get well and return to your family and all of us.

    Still praying for you and your speedy recovery!

    Love you Amber!

    Amy Poulson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber! Wow. Three flights of stairs? You don't mess around. We are so so so happy you're doing better and have been thinking about you a lt. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Amber. I am so happy for You. This is good news. Love you.
    Can't wait for you to write your own blog :)
    Inga Banelyte

    ReplyDelete
  5. JP and Amber,
    We have been praying and fasting ever since we heard what has been happening. We have truly witnessed a miracle. In August, the Primary theme was Jesus Christ is a God of Miracles. We have seen this now. You have increased our family's faith so much. We are all so happy that soon you all can be home together as a family! we love you and keep praying for you! love, John, Enid and kids

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber,
    You are amazing! I hope so happy for you! Love you so much!!!

    xoxo
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trial and your strength have strengthened my testimony and lifted my faith. Thank you, Amber & JP. Keep rocking it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amber, How is it that you still look that gorgeous in a hospital gown and tube in your neck? makes me sick-haha...You look AMAZING!!!! I am so thrilled to see you so happy and reunited with your family. I check this blog everyday,and it brings me such joy to see the wonderful progress....JP has never looked happier.....I wish that i could be there to see you and hug your sweet neck....continue to be strong.You will be out of there in no time. love you Amber,Tawney

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a miracle!! And just look at the smiles on everyone's faces!! We are so proud of you!!! Keep up the good work!

    Love, The Falkner's

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amber you are blowing all of us out of the water! I am astonished that you are up and doing so much on your own!! I am sure you are relieved to have the trach removed... that had to be so frustrating.

    I think about you all the time. Everyone asks about you all the time. You are loved! Not only by the people who surround you, but by your Father in Heaven! It is amazing how exercising faith with prayer and fasting can bring so many blessings to those who need them most. Your faith has strengthened my testimony and so many others.

    Keep up the good work sista!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amber,you look wonderful!!! I am so happy to hear a good news.Take care don;t get overtired.I love you so much.God bless you. With love Rita Halilu.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This update and this picture has been a great way to start my day. Amber and JP you are such inspirations! I love you and I love Emery and I sure do love miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our Dear Amber:
    What a wonderful thing to experience a miracle for one of Heavenly Father's daughters. We are so thankful for your progress and you are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you so. Pam,Brent and family. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amber and JP,

    the Lord certainly has shown his love for you! He has answered every prayer. May he continue to bless you as you continue to grow in stregth. May the miracle you have received always be a blessing in your life. How wonderful to hear and see of the great progress you are making. We all love you Amber.
    Auntie Joy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amber,

    We have gained a deeper testimony of the power of prayer from the experience that you have gone through.

    We have a wonderful Father in Heaven that reigns in yonder heavens. God is truly a God of miracles and he has performed one in your life!

    We are thrilled that you have been reunited with your family!

    Our love to you and your family,

    Mathew, Elizabeth, and Evalina Bass

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't tell you what a sweet experience it was to see you yesterday and hear you bear testimony of the reality of this miracle and a living God and Savior. I tried to remember all that you shared with us and wrote in my journal as soon as my kids were in bed. We all love you and are so looking forward to seeing you around the neighborhood again very soon. Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You ARE Wonder woman!! My mom and I are so excited to come visit you tonight!! See you soon.
    Love, Hillary

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Amber,
    I am sooo happy for you, and so thankful for the miracle of your friendship in my life! Keep going and getting stronger! I can't wait to have a really good phone conversation with you when you can! We have much to talk about! Maybe when I come to Utah we can have lunch or something. Anyhow, much love and I am PROUD of YOU!!! You are still sooo full of light, by the way. :) I admire you more than words will ever be able to say! Love to you! Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is wonderful news!! Prayer works. We love you Amber and J.P.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy cow! Amber you are gorgeous! You go girl! I am so thankful! It is wonderful to see you awake and with your family! Makes my day! Continue the hard work! My goodness you are one strong lady!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Giles Family, it is Jamie, Kim Mayhughs friend again... I just wanted to let you know my feelings... First of all. Amber, you fought so hard to be here with your preciuos, and beautifil family, you are such an inspiration to me & alot of people out in the world that have read your blogs.. Now for Mr. Giles you are also a very brave man & a hero in my eyes due to you have been there for your wife & kids, I am very sure it is the LOVE you have for them all!!! Like the saying goes "God works in mysterious ways".. He really did with you all.. I am sure he was there watching the whole time & saw the love that everybody has for Amber & let her pull through this very difficult time... I would love to meet your family some day when all is well, so I can feel like I have met some very special people in this world!!! You are all so brave & I would be honered to know you... Take care & I will keep thinking & praying to the Good Lord Above!!!
    ♥ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  22. So amazing! Proof that prayers are answered. We are so grateful that she is doing so well. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a nice new!! I'm in tears of joy!!!

    LOVE YA MUCH

    Vilma Cuba Beinartaite

    ReplyDelete